Man-made islands, white sand beaches, tall palm trees, huge malls, what’s not to love about Dubai. With the tallest building and the fastest roller coaster in the world on it’s belt, Dubai (UAE) is the absolute luxurious desert.
To visit Dubai as a Nigerian you need a visa. However the visa is a relatively easy one to get based on your situation. To apply for a visa to Dubai, all you need is:
1. A valid passport and a color copy (valid for at least 6 months)
2. A valid return ticket
3. Duly filled application form
4. Hotel/Airbnb reservation for the duration of your stay
5. Letter from your employer stating that you’ve been granted leave from work and that you will return back to Nigeria and resume work at the end of your leave.
6. Color passport photograph
7. Visa fees depending on your type of visa (see full list below)
8. Bank Statements as proof of sufficient funds for the duration of your stay in UAE
9. If you’re being invited by a friend or family member in Dubai, you need an invitation letter from them
10. Apply for your visa here (your visa will be delivered to you by email)
Visa processing time: 3-8days from the date of submission excluding weekends and UAE public holidays.
Optional things you might need
- For first time travellers outside of Nigeria who have no travel history, you may need to make a $1550 (553k) deposit to the visa agency as bond that you won’t skip your visa (fully refundable upon your return to Nigeria)
- Health insurance for the duration of your stay.
Visa Fees and Visa Type
|Visa Type||Visa Fees|
|96 hours visa||#13,400|
|14 days visa||#42,965|
Cost of Trip; Rough Estimates
Return flights with Emirates from Lagos to Dubai depending on your dates and time of the year cost around $840 (305k) per person. Flight time is 7h 05minutes and flights are direct.
Accommodation costs always depend on where you choose to stay and on your budget. Airbnb single rooms cost a minimum of $29 (10.3k), an entire apartment cost $50 (18k) upwards. To keep costs low, you can stay at a hostel and share common spaces with other people for $12 (4k) a night.
Food in Dubai is affordable for some and expensive for most. If you choose to eat at tourist hotspots, the prices will be priced up to that effect. The minimum you can spend on a single meal is $12 (4k). If you’re on a budget and need affordable meals, you can ask around to find out which restaurants the foreign workers eat, food could be cheaper there.
Car rental depends on the type of car you choose and your budget. From my experience, a Mazda SUV cost $85 (30k) to rent per day and it includes full insurance.
The things to do and see in Dubai and the UAE in general are endless, from the Burj Khalifa to the dancing fountains outside Dubai mall, Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi, Jabel Jais mountain in Ras al Khaimah, water parks on man-made islands like Palm Jumeirah, there’s clearly no lack of things to do. Costs could range from $0 to $2000 or more.
It is important to note that Dubai (UAE) is a very luxurious city and the prices are accordingly. Be smart enough to make a clear budget of how much you’re willing to spend during your trip and stick to it, putting into consideration; flights, hotel, food, transportation and entertainment. A lot of people make a budget of $1960 (700k) but when they return home they realise that they spent up to $4200 ( 1.5million naira) or more.
To learn more about visiting Dubai (UAE) contact me and i’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Get my best stuff sent straight to you for free
PS: The information provided on this page is based solely on my personal experiences and should not be considered as legal advice. The information provided is up to date as of the time it was posted and is subject to change. For up to date information, contact the necessary authorities involved. Five foot nomad is not liable for any misrepresentation or misinterpretation of any and all posts on its website.